You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari extensions not loading

macOS 11.2.1; Safari 14.0.3: After I install and open a Safari extension, I am presented with a dialog box with a button on the bottom “Quit and Open Safari Extensions Preferences…” I click on the button and nothing happens; the box stays on my screen; the extension is not loaded. It happens with every extension I install, so it does not appear to be a developer issue. Anyone know of a fix?

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 3:12 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 8, 2021 12:12 PM in response to dominic23

Thanks, but I can't get that far. The extensions that I download (install on my computer) from the App Store do not install in Safari. Opening a downloaded extension presents a dialog box, I click the button "Quit and Open…" at the bottom, and nothing happens, the box does not disappear and when I check Safari preferences>Extensions, the downloaded extension does not appear in the sidebar on the left.

Safari extensions not loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.