You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passcode a must with Apple Pay?

I recently set up Apple Pay on my iPhone 11 and I understand that it requires Face ID and a passcode to use. BUT, what I don't want is to have to enter a passcode from the unlock screen every time I pick up my phone.

Is this avoidable?

iPhone 11

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 9:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 9:20 AM

If you have Face ID set up, you should not have to enter a passcode every time you pick up your phone (even if you have Apple Pay). The passcode is required every time you restart the phone.

Sorry, I can't think of a reason why it would be asking you for the passcode every time. You might try restarting the phone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, try setting up Face ID again: Set up Face ID on iPhone - Apple Support

or contact Apple Support -- there is a link at the top right of this page.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 2, 2021 9:20 AM in response to bobbie189

If you have Face ID set up, you should not have to enter a passcode every time you pick up your phone (even if you have Apple Pay). The passcode is required every time you restart the phone.

Sorry, I can't think of a reason why it would be asking you for the passcode every time. You might try restarting the phone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, try setting up Face ID again: Set up Face ID on iPhone - Apple Support

or contact Apple Support -- there is a link at the top right of this page.

Passcode a must with Apple Pay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.