You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to use Outlook for Mac only for my email, but all of my Mac apps, like contacts and calendar. Can this be done

I have used the Mail.app for years for my business email app, but it has always struggled to keep up with the volume, and there are always some minor/major communications issues between the email host on my Mac. I have always loved how well the Mail app has integrated with the other Mac apps, like the calendar and contacts. To solve the email issues, I finally tried Outlook for Mac, which seems to be working relatively well to handle the emails, however, I hate the outlook calendar and "people" interface for contacts. Initially, I tried using the Mac apps, but outlook would not communicate at all with them, so every email meant typing the full address, etc.. manually adding events to my calendar app, etc... Has anyone had any success getting Outlook for Mac (version 16.46) to communicate with their Mac apps?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 9:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 4:18 PM

I don't think you are going to be able to accomplish what you wish to do. As you know, Apple can write code to integrate their apps, but with different vendors, that is not the case as they each have their own code.

2 replies

I want to use Outlook for Mac only for my email, but all of my Mac apps, like contacts and calendar. Can this be done

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.