You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do I not have the ability to forward a text message

I don't seem to have the ability to forward text messages on my iPhone 12. I am not talking about forwarding it to my other iOS devices. Mostly it's to forward spam to my carrier.

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 6:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 2:13 PM

Hello there crtcollector,

If you're seeing spam text messages as iMessages (blue text bubble), you can use the Report Junk option to help report the phishing or spam attempt. However, if they are just SMS/MMS messages (green text bubble), you may need to contact your carrier for additional ways to report them or forward them to your wireless carrier.

You can find more information on what to do when you get spam or phishing messages here: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

We hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction! Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 25, 2021 2:13 PM in response to crtcollector

Hello there crtcollector,

If you're seeing spam text messages as iMessages (blue text bubble), you can use the Report Junk option to help report the phishing or spam attempt. However, if they are just SMS/MMS messages (green text bubble), you may need to contact your carrier for additional ways to report them or forward them to your wireless carrier.

You can find more information on what to do when you get spam or phishing messages here: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

We hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction! Take care.

why do I not have the ability to forward a text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.