You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I use MalwareBytes?

I've heard some good stuff about it on the community, but I've also seen some negative reviews about the app. Should I continue to use MalwareBytes?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 6:24 PM

4 replies

Feb 23, 2021 7:16 PM in response to Go-dubs

I don’t see a particular reason to load add-on anti-malware onto macOS,

and particularly not with Catalina and Big Sur and its built-in anti-malware.

For some reading on the topic:

Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community

Above outside of endpoint security requirements, and similar; where there’s an IT team involved.

Feb 23, 2021 6:41 PM in response to Go-dubs

Go-dubs Said:

"Should I use MalwareBytes?: I've heard some good stuff about it on the community, but I've also seen some negative reviews about the app. Should I continue to use MalwareBytes?"

-------

No. Use Malwarebytes:

MalwareBytes for Mac:

If anything negative, its purchasing the full version - you're just as safe as you are with the free version. This is software that searches for malware/adware (malicious software). So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac. It is created by longtime users of these forums. So, that is why it is the only trustworthy and reliable way to go about securing your Mac, when it comes through use of software 

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

Should I use MalwareBytes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.