You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove StandardBoostd

How can I remove "StandardBoostd"will damage your computer.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 9:51 AM

8 replies

Feb 28, 2021 5:27 PM in response to Old Toad

Hi Old Toad. Worked for me, although I couldn't navigate to the Free version for home Mac. So, the 'free' version I ended up downloading and using is *I think* the free 14-day trial for the Premium Version. So I will cancel it before 14 days.... or if I really like Malware scanning my Mac for malware during this time period, maybe, maybe I will go ahead and purchase. Thank you!

Mar 3, 2021 1:45 AM in response to GeoFlyer

I have recently had this problem too. Really annoying. I tried the downloads mentioned below but without success.

However, on my other computer, a PC, I find the free "Avast" software has worked well for me for many years. So, I decided to give the free "Avast for Mac" a try. It worked a dream, instantly found and removed the Malware and my Mac is back as it was now.

How to remove StandardBoostd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.