You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Facetime issues

I just purchased an iPhone 12 and I'm having problems using Facetime with it. The call usually starts out fine but a few minutes in the person I'm talking to either gets a "poor connection" or a completely black screen, while I can see them perfectly fine. I would say it's the other person's phone, but this has happened to 6 different people that I've tried to call, same experience every time. When I switch over to my Mac, the connection is fine. This is incredibly frustrating! Is anyone else having this issue? If so, how can I fix it?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 11:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 11:16 AM

tjoseph8 wrote:

I just purchased an iPhone 12 and I'm having problems using Facetime with it. The call usually starts out fine but a few minutes in the person I'm talking to either gets a "poor connection" or a completely black screen, while I can see them perfectly fine. I would say it's the other person's phone, but this has happened to 6 different people that I've tried to call, same experience every time. When I switch over to my Mac, the connection is fine. This is incredibly frustrating! Is anyone else having this issue? If so, how can I fix it?

If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 22, 2021 11:16 AM in response to tjoseph8

tjoseph8 wrote:

If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

iPhone 12 Facetime issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.