You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passcode expired

I keep getting a message that my phone's passcode has expired and I need to reset it. I have done the force shut down and it comes back up but the message keeps appearing. I also just got a message that someone near Atlanta was trying to log in which I denied. How do I keep this message from coming back?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 8:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 8:38 AM

Is this iPhone issued by your workplace or prior employer? It appears that there is a profile installed which is reminding you to change your passcode. You can change your passcode to comply by opening Settings ➔ Face ID & Passcode ➔ Change Passcode.

If the iPhone is yours and you want to remove the reminder to change your passcode periodically then you can open Settings ➔ General ➔ Profile: Select the Profile that appears and then choose Remove Profile.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 17, 2021 8:38 AM in response to Thumbuster

Is this iPhone issued by your workplace or prior employer? It appears that there is a profile installed which is reminding you to change your passcode. You can change your passcode to comply by opening Settings ➔ Face ID & Passcode ➔ Change Passcode.

If the iPhone is yours and you want to remove the reminder to change your passcode periodically then you can open Settings ➔ General ➔ Profile: Select the Profile that appears and then choose Remove Profile.

Axel F.

Passcode expired

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.