You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing pictures after phone reset

My phone was reset and did back up but only some of my photos are showing on camera roll and uploaded to iCloud. How can I get all the other pictures that aren’t showing up? Or if they aren’t there they are permanently lost.

Added note: pics that are missing were taken in between the ones that are showing up. So confused why some are there and not all

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 11:42 PM

1 reply

Feb 17, 2021 12:43 AM in response to dennise19

Have you checked your photos in iCloud at the web page www.icloud.com in the Photos.app there? You have to open this page on a computer, because the iPhone will display it differently from the desktop version.

Can you see the photos on the iCloud webpage on a computer? All your photos from your camera roll should be there, unless you reset the iPhone before the iCloud upload has been complete or you did not have enough free cloud storage to upload the lot. It may take a while before all photos will come back from iCloud to the iPhone.

If the photos are not in iCloud Photos Library, you cannot recover them from iCloud Photos or the iCloud backup of your iPhone by restoring the iPhone from a backup (Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support). The big problem is, that the iCloud backup of an iPhone does not include the Photos Library - all items that are stored in iCloud differently are excluded from the iCloud backup. Do you have perhaps also a backup on computer, made with iTunes? How to back up an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touc… - Apple Community

Missing pictures after phone reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.