You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally blocked messages

If you unblock someone, can you see all of their messages they sent during the time they were blocked? Do they show up on your phone once the contact is unblocked? How am I to retrieve those messages? I accidentally blocked my friend yesterday instead of a telemarketer.

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 10:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 12:44 PM

Hi there meadowpaw_of_shadowclan,

We understand you'd like to receive messages from when your contact was blocked, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

Check out this article: Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Specifically, check out the details below:

"When you block a phone number or contact, they can still leave a voicemail, but you won't get a notification. Messages that are sent or received won't be delivered."

Since the messages aren't sent or delivered, there wouldn't be a way to receive messages that were attempted while the contact was blocked.

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 17, 2021 12:44 PM in response to meadowpaw_of_shadowclan

Hi there meadowpaw_of_shadowclan,

We understand you'd like to receive messages from when your contact was blocked, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

Check out this article: Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Specifically, check out the details below:

"When you block a phone number or contact, they can still leave a voicemail, but you won't get a notification. Messages that are sent or received won't be delivered."

Since the messages aren't sent or delivered, there wouldn't be a way to receive messages that were attempted while the contact was blocked.

Regards.

Accidentally blocked messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.