You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPAD REPAIR

My IPad has got some cracks on top layer of glass but I think the inner layer is ok, can I get it fixed!

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 9:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 9:27 AM

If there is no internal damage, Apple can maybe attempt to replace the glass. Most likely they will replace the entire iPad.

In either case, you will have to pay the out of Warranty service fee as accidental damage is not covered under Warranty. If you have Apple Care+ for the iPad it will be lower fee.

See here: link-> iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 10, 2021 9:27 AM in response to Blessed2BlessU

If there is no internal damage, Apple can maybe attempt to replace the glass. Most likely they will replace the entire iPad.

In either case, you will have to pay the out of Warranty service fee as accidental damage is not covered under Warranty. If you have Apple Care+ for the iPad it will be lower fee.

See here: link-> iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

Feb 10, 2021 9:30 AM in response to Blessed2BlessU

If your iPad is a model that still receives hardware support by Apple, a screen replacement is possible. Subject to assessment of the damage, the minimum cost is likely to be c.60% of the “as new” price of your iPad.

You might be best advised to arrange the repair via your local Apple Store. Otherwise you can arrange for repair via Apple Support. The Contact Support link can be found at top-right of this page.

IPAD REPAIR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.