You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change Apple ID on iphone 7

The Apple ID in my iphone 7 is not correct. I think the people at Target entered it wrong and now I can't update it.

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 11:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 11:39 AM

Do you have the password for that one? Enter it and change the settings to the correct one. If you do not have the password, get the people at Target to give you a new phone. In most cases if you need to enter an Apple ID and password on a device there is no way to remove an incorrect one. In the end you're up against activation lock.

"Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch" is a security feature, in part to deter re-selling of stolen devices. To learn more click here --> http://support.apple.com/HT201365

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 9, 2021 11:39 AM in response to RubyO

Do you have the password for that one? Enter it and change the settings to the correct one. If you do not have the password, get the people at Target to give you a new phone. In most cases if you need to enter an Apple ID and password on a device there is no way to remove an incorrect one. In the end you're up against activation lock.

"Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch" is a security feature, in part to deter re-selling of stolen devices. To learn more click here --> http://support.apple.com/HT201365

Feb 9, 2021 3:19 PM in response to Limnos

Thank you both. I called Apple and they suggested to do a reset. It is my old phone I gave to me elderly father. We are across the country from each other. I am going to have him take it to Best Buy or the Apple Store to help him. I will let you know if that correts the issue. If he is locked out I will have him go to back to the Target. BOTH are very helpful.

How to change Apple ID on iphone 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.