You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Message Randomly Not Delivered to iPhone

I have both an iPhone XS and an iPad Air 2, and both are set up to receive text messages. Both my wife and brother have iPhones and once in a while, I will receive a text from one of them on my iPad but not on my iPhone. This is purely random. It has happened a couple times with my wife and once with my brother. Both my iPhone and my iPad are set to receive iMessages to and reply from both my phone number and my Apple ID.

I would like to turn off messages on my iPad but now I am afraid I will miss a message because the messages that fail to deliver to my iPhone do get delivered to my iPad.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue or an insight as to what is causing this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

iPhone XS

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 12:39 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 11, 2021 7:30 AM in response to Eric--F

Eric~F,

Thanks for the reply. However, my iPhone receives text messages just fine. However, once in a blue moon, I won't receive a message on my iPhone but I do receive the same message on my iPad. I sent a message from my iPhone the other day and the reply came back to my iPad only. My iPhone never received the message, although it still receives messages just fine, just every now and then it doesn't. I have checked all my settings and they are fine.

Thanks.

Text Message Randomly Not Delivered to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.