You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error updating Mac OS

I had to update my MacBook air to Mac Big Sur (previously i had mojave) as I had to back up my iphone and was unable to as my Mac Os was too ‘old’. While trying to update an error has occurred, I have already restarted my mac a lot of times and whenever i restart it it automatically goes to the update mode and the error message pops up again. I am unable to access my mac or any files in it at all as it automatically goes to the update page whenever i restart it and there is always an error when its updating.

i am a student and i it is very important for me to access my mac and its files but i am unable to do so. What should i do?

i have attached a photo of the error measage

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 1:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 1:33 PM

Try shutting down via Power Button. Disconnect any external drives. Re-start and right away hold - Shift. This is Safe Mode which will attempt a Repair Disk, Clear cache file and only load required Apple Software . . so the loading will be slow - Normal. This may give the software update time to perform the upgrade. If successful. Big Sur will load the Log in Screen.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 6, 2021 1:33 PM in response to Rickyparyani

Try shutting down via Power Button. Disconnect any external drives. Re-start and right away hold - Shift. This is Safe Mode which will attempt a Repair Disk, Clear cache file and only load required Apple Software . . so the loading will be slow - Normal. This may give the software update time to perform the upgrade. If successful. Big Sur will load the Log in Screen.

Error updating Mac OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.