You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV will bring up,any available content. I can only access the menu and settings.

My Apple TV will bring up,any available content. I can only access the menu and settings. What am I doing wrong. This is an older model that just brought back into service. Or should am trying to bring back into service.

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 8:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 7:31 AM

If an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) only shows Computers and Settings, then that means that is doesn’t have a functional internet connection. (All the other icons on the home screen would normally be retrieved from the internet.)

Restart both your router and Apple TV box, then try again. If your network settings have changed since last use of the device, then go into Settings and select your current home network to connect to.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 4, 2021 7:31 AM in response to Dend4

If an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) only shows Computers and Settings, then that means that is doesn’t have a functional internet connection. (All the other icons on the home screen would normally be retrieved from the internet.)

Restart both your router and Apple TV box, then try again. If your network settings have changed since last use of the device, then go into Settings and select your current home network to connect to.

My Apple TV will bring up,any available content. I can only access the menu and settings.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.