You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photo in Messages is not updating. Solution?

Hi. Messages is set to ask me to share my photo. However, in any Message thread it shows the previous photo I had in Contacts/Apple ID. In Messages settings it shows my current photo but not in the threads. Anybody know how to fix this?

iOS 14.4. iPhone XS.

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 2:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 1:01 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, spirit.

If we understand your post correctly, you changed your profile photo for Messages but it doesn't appear to have updated in your existing conversations. We’d like to help.

Each conversation thread should update as you use it. If that's not the case follow the steps in the "Change your name and photo" section of this article:

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Then restart your iPhone with these steps:

Restart your iPhone

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 5, 2021 1:01 PM in response to spirit

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, spirit.

If we understand your post correctly, you changed your profile photo for Messages but it doesn't appear to have updated in your existing conversations. We’d like to help.

Each conversation thread should update as you use it. If that's not the case follow the steps in the "Change your name and photo" section of this article:

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Then restart your iPhone with these steps:

Restart your iPhone

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

My photo in Messages is not updating. Solution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.