You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not syncing.

My iPhone 12 (mini) will not sync with my HP laptop. I have Windows 10 installed. I verified that I have the latest updates on both itunes and Windows 10.

I tried:

1) uninstalling McAfee and turning off the firewall.

2) Uninstalling and re-installing itunes.

3) closing out, shutting down and powering off/on laptop

The error reads:

The iPhone cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (-54).

I tried everything that came up in a Google search.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 5:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 4:55 AM

Try If you see error -54 when you sync with your computer - Apple Support.

tt2

2 replies

Mar 20, 2021 7:52 PM in response to yrgalpalal

When I first got my iPhone 12 Mini, I synced it with my MacBook Air running Big Sur, but I ended up with two of each song and some of the album covers did not match. I removed all the songs from my phone and re-synced it. This time I only got one of each song, but many of the album covers still did not match. I tried again and this time I could not sync at all. I got this message: The iPhone "iPhone 12 Mini" cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (-50). I tried restarting the Mac and the phone, but still can't sync.

iPhone not syncing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.