You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Waiting for activation..." Error - Messages

I'm having trouble connecting my phone number to iMessages and FaceTime on my iPhone X.

When I go into iMessage settings, it first says "Waiting for activation..." then when I click on "Send & Receive", it just says "No addresses". My phone number is there but it just has the loading symbol beside it and it doesn't ever load up to be a check mark.

I've tried restarting my phone, updating the software, turning iMessage and FaceTime off then turning them back on, signing out of my Apple ID and signing back in - nothing has worked so far.

Anyone have this happen to them before?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 1:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 2:06 PM

luvie345 wrote:

I'm having trouble connecting my phone number to iMessages and FaceTime on my iPhone X.

When I go into iMessage settings, it first says "Waiting for activation..." then when I click on "Send & Receive", it just says "No addresses". My phone number is there but it just has the loading symbol beside it and it doesn't ever load up to be a check mark.

I've tried restarting my phone, updating the software, turning iMessage and FaceTime off then turning them back on, signing out of my Apple ID and signing back in - nothing has worked so far.

Follow ALL steps here If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 1, 2021 2:06 PM in response to luvie345

luvie345 wrote:

Follow ALL steps here If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

"Waiting for activation..." Error - Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.