You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unzip error, iPad 13.6 “POSIX error -1 - Unknown error: -1“

Unzip error

POSIX error -1 - Unknown error: -1

I'm trying to UN-compress a 4.7 meg .zip file using the File app in iPad (6th gen), w OS 13.6, to upgrade firmware on my WiFi extender. The file is in my local Downloads folder. There are two ways to do it in the Files app, neither works. I tried searching for a property that has the file locked - that property doesn’t show in Info. 

I get this error "The operation can’t be completed. (POSIX error -1 - Unknown error: -1)" 

Any ideas?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 4:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 10:13 AM

Have you considered using one of the many third-party Apps, available in the App Store, to unzip/unpack the archive file?

Different Apps have different capabilities - and may be more tolerant of the many variations in archive file compression algorithms.

1 reply

Unzip error, iPad 13.6 “POSIX error -1 - Unknown error: -1“

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.