You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortening songs for iPhoto slideshow please help

Hi I created a slideshow in iPhoto that I need to use in a few days. I added two songs but I need to shorten both songs bc they are too long and one has a part I need out. I have gone into the song on the right 3 dots right clicked and went to Get Info and Options and changed the start time of the song. It shows it is there but when I play the song it still starts at the beginning I cant figure out what I am doing wrong?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 5:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 11:00 AM

You can also change the start and stop times in the iTunes app by selecting the track and bringing up the Info pane for it with the ⌘+i key combination.

Note: Screenshot is from the Music app but is essentially the same as in iTunes.

The edits will be honored in the iPhoto slideshows.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2021 11:00 AM in response to wpappy

You can also change the start and stop times in the iTunes app by selecting the track and bringing up the Info pane for it with the ⌘+i key combination.

Note: Screenshot is from the Music app but is essentially the same as in iTunes.

The edits will be honored in the iPhoto slideshows.

Shortening songs for iPhoto slideshow please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.