You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio interface setup

I recently got an audio interface. I've followed all the setup instructions but garage band won't receive the audio through it. I checked and the computer receives it just not garage band.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 3:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 12:32 PM

Hello Juliancandela,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you recently acquired an audio interface. It looks like you followed all the set up instructions but GarageBand doesn't receive the audio. We're happy to help.

Check out the following support articles:

If GarageBand isn't working on your Mac

Try testing in a new user account, this helps to make sure the issue is not related to files or settings in your user account.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Contact a third-party vendor

If the steps above don't help, reach out for additional support here: Get Support

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 28, 2021 12:32 PM in response to Juliancandela

Hello Juliancandela,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you recently acquired an audio interface. It looks like you followed all the set up instructions but GarageBand doesn't receive the audio. We're happy to help.

Check out the following support articles:

If GarageBand isn't working on your Mac

Try testing in a new user account, this helps to make sure the issue is not related to files or settings in your user account.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Contact a third-party vendor

If the steps above don't help, reach out for additional support here: Get Support

Cheers!

Audio interface setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.