You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I install my home pod mini? I have an iMac Retina with 8 gigabytes memory and an iPod with IOS 6.1.8

How can I install my Mini home pod? I have an iMac Retina with 8 gigabytes memory and an iPod with IOS 6.1.8.

Can I use the Home pod mini only with the iMac computer?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 2:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 2:54 PM

From HomePod mini - Technical Specifications.:

System Requirements 

• HomePod mini with the latest version of software
  • iPhone SE, iPhone 6s or later, or iPod touch (7th generation) with the latest iOS; or iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation or later), iPad Air 2 or later, or iPad mini 4 or later with the latest iPadOS
  • 802.11n Wi-Fi internet access

You need a more recent iOS device to setup HomePod.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 26, 2021 2:54 PM in response to cuahutemoc12

From HomePod mini - Technical Specifications.:

System Requirements 

• HomePod mini with the latest version of software
  • iPhone SE, iPhone 6s or later, or iPod touch (7th generation) with the latest iOS; or iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation or later), iPad Air 2 or later, or iPad mini 4 or later with the latest iPadOS
  • 802.11n Wi-Fi internet access

You need a more recent iOS device to setup HomePod.

tt2

How can I install my home pod mini? I have an iMac Retina with 8 gigabytes memory and an iPod with IOS 6.1.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.