You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased an Apple Watch second hand they have removed it from their account, but when I go to set it up with my phone it will not let me.

I purchased an Apple Watch second hand and it will not let me register or set up with my account. It still wants the previous persons account. They have removed the watch from their account.

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 12:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 1:16 PM

The person you bought the watch from needs to follow all these steps in order to remove the activation lock so that you can use it.Send them this link;

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else – Apple Support

And this is for you to read;

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 24, 2021 1:16 PM in response to 2021-watch-help

The person you bought the watch from needs to follow all these steps in order to remove the activation lock so that you can use it.Send them this link;

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else – Apple Support

And this is for you to read;

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Jan 24, 2021 1:02 PM in response to 2021-watch-help

Someone told me that with my watch the person actually has to log out from the actual watch I tried that but she’s saying that it wasn’t signed into her name or Apple ID, so she suggested I take it to Verizon my carrier. I haven’t done that yet but i can let you know when I find out or you can try the first step and see if that works for you first. It’s up to you.

I purchased an Apple Watch second hand they have removed it from their account, but when I go to set it up with my phone it will not let me.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.