You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t hear sound in my apple computer

No sound with apple computer

including Zoom

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 5:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 6:46 AM

Try this Link to Apple Support on this topic

2 replies

Jan 23, 2021 1:28 PM in response to audra185

Something like this happened to me a little while ago, and nothing except Siri made a sound. It was after my cat had been lying on my keyboard, and I suspect she turned on Siri by holding down cmd-space for a while. Just tap the Siri button and see if you get sound then. If you do, you might have stumbled on the same bug as I did; not sure having a cat is required!

When this happened to me a few months ago, simply trying Siri fixed it. This time it didn't but I it did get fixed when I did something like this:

1. Mute your mac.
  2. Start Siri; normally, this would make a ding-ding sound but you won't hear that.
  3. Clear Siri again.
  4. Unmute the mac.
  5. Start Siri again; it should make a sound now.
  6. Try Zoom or whatever again; hopefully that works now.

Since I never use cmd-space to access Siri, I went into System Preferences > Siri and turned it off so my cat doesn't use it by accident; I'm hoping this doesn't happen again because it is a pain.

If above doesn't work, restarting your Mac might fix it.

Can’t hear sound in my apple computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.