You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app, the image quality reduced

Why the resolution of the films(4K) in Apple TV app are reduced, the image shows very blurry.

Recently, I purchased a film on Apple TV app. The first time I watched it, images quality are crispy and dynamic, which shows 4K and HDR standard. But when I resumed it, the images quality are getting worse.

DOES Apple TV app reduce the image quality when the WIFI is getting unstable????

Or, I connect with other Apple ID (iCloud)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 4:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 7:17 AM

xupeng226 wrote:

DOES Apple TV app reduce the image quality when the WIFI is getting unstable????

It will stream at high quality, however if you have a poor connection then it will have to decrease quality and ultimately you could experience buffering.

Best to check speedtest to see current internet connection

To see a current status of the network get a report using istumbler or similar. Look for signal strength, noise, nearby networks

Try ethernet

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 21, 2021 7:17 AM in response to xupeng226

xupeng226 wrote:

It will stream at high quality, however if you have a poor connection then it will have to decrease quality and ultimately you could experience buffering.

Best to check speedtest to see current internet connection

To see a current status of the network get a report using istumbler or similar. Look for signal strength, noise, nearby networks

Try ethernet

Apple TV app, the image quality reduced

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.