You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app issues after BigSur update

Since the BigSur release my Music app is running with several issues, such as not loading my library, not adding songs to the library and duplicating songs and playlists but only on my MacBook Pro 2017, on my iPhone and iPad it's fine.

Whenever I open the music app it takes a long time to load the library, I get a message that it's loading my library from the cloud and it keeps loading for at least 20min sometimes it doesn't load at all and it says an error occurred, whenever this happens I have to shut down the mac as many times it takes for it to work. last week I started noticing that some songs were duplicated only on the app for Mac, and today every custom playlist I have are duplicated, some with the entire song list and others divided the playlist in two (a playlist with 20 songs has separated in 2 of ten songs each). I tried shutting down the app, then the system, but it didn't work, when the app loads the duplicates are there...

Does Anyone know how to fix it?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 7:50 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 19, 2021 9:45 AM in response to RoddyP

Greetings RoddyP,

It sounds like your Music app on your MacBook Pro isn’t working correctly. We know how important listening to your music is for you, and you’re in the right place to find a resolution.

Here's a resource and steps that can help:

If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac

If you need continued assistance, then please reach out to our AppleCare phone support team via this link: Get Support.

Cheers!

Jan 21, 2021 6:43 AM in response to judysings

Hey Judysings,

I just checked the article you sent, but unfortunately this is not the case for me.

The app does not freeze and/or close unexpectedly at all, it just takes a long time to load the cloud library and has those issues of duplicating songs and playlists as I mentioned.

thank you for your help! ☺️

Music app issues after BigSur update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.