You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

passcode issue

I HAVE AN OLD IPHONE 7 THAT I WAS LETTING MY NOW 5 YEAR OLD TO USE FOR CAR RIDES TO PLAY GAMSE ETC SINCE I GOT A NEW PHONE. WELL I HAD A PASSCODE SET THAT HE KNEW SINCE WE USE THE CODE FOR EVERYTHING, WELL SOMEHOW HE FIGURED OUT HOW TO CHANGE THE PASSCODE AND OF COURSE 5 YEAR OLD HE DOESNT KNOW WHAT #'S HE USED TO SET IT, IVE TRIED PREVIOUS PASSCODES TO SEE IF I HAD CHANGED IT AND I GET LOCKED OUT. HOW CAN I GO ABOUT RESETTING IT ? THERES PICTURES ON THERE I DIDNT BACK UP AT THE TIME OR DIDNT TRANSFER TO MY NEW PHONE AND THEIR FROM WHEN HE WAS A BABY. HELP!!

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 4:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 4:11 PM

Hi

You can reset the passcode but it will wipe the phones data. There is no way round this. If you don't have a backup, then the data is lost. Sorry.

If locked from incorrect screen pass code (disabled), then see:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204306

1 reply

passcode issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.