You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple Watch cellular data cost extra?

Would I have to pay if per say.. I left my phone at my house all day every day and simply used my Apple Watch (SE-cellular) for phone calls and messages, although it was paired with my phone that has cellular? Would I have to pay a monthly payment?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 6:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 7:35 PM

As you describe the way you want to use your Apple Watch, then yes, you have to pay for cellular service on the Apple Watch.

If you get a cellular Apple Watch And you decide to enable the cellular radio, then the Apple Watch shares the iPhone's phone number, and the carriers that support the Apple Watch charge a monthly fee. In the U.S. the fee is $10 per month. Here is a list of carriers that support the Apple Watch:

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular

If you get a GPS only Apple Watch, or you do not activate the cellular radio, then the Apple Watch can do Everything the cellular model can do As Long As your iPhone is nearby. Where nearby is say in the same moderately sized home.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 12, 2021 7:35 PM in response to MaggieCate27

As you describe the way you want to use your Apple Watch, then yes, you have to pay for cellular service on the Apple Watch.

If you get a cellular Apple Watch And you decide to enable the cellular radio, then the Apple Watch shares the iPhone's phone number, and the carriers that support the Apple Watch charge a monthly fee. In the U.S. the fee is $10 per month. Here is a list of carriers that support the Apple Watch:

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular

If you get a GPS only Apple Watch, or you do not activate the cellular radio, then the Apple Watch can do Everything the cellular model can do As Long As your iPhone is nearby. Where nearby is say in the same moderately sized home.

Does Apple Watch cellular data cost extra?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.