You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini is not running the shortcut set in my iPhone

I have few shortcuts set-up on my phone, which I can activate them by using "Hey Siri" on my phone.

They are working fine on my phone, but my HomePod mini does not take the same shortcuts as I have on my phone.

e.g. I can activate a smart plug via the shortcut on my phone, it works.

But the Siri from HomePod mini does not understand the shortcut order / instruction.

1. Can I have HomePod mini runs the same shortcut as the shortcut setting on my phone ?
  2. If HomePod mini can NOT run the same shortcut as phone does, how will I prevent the mis-take between Siri on Phone and Siri on HomePod mini ?

e.g. When I try to tell Siri on my phone to turn on the smart plug, HomePod mini takes priority to response ; and the Siri from my phone does not response.

Then Siri on HomePod mini does not understand the shortcut instruction I gave, while the Siri on phone does.

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 12:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 5:54 PM

Some things to try; test after each step:

• Unplug HomePod for 5 seconds, plug back in
  • Reboot your wifi modem - make sure your HomePod and phone are on the same home wifi network
  • Make sure you are signed in with the same Apple ID in the Home App - HomePod Settings - you can also sign out in HomePod settings, then sign back in
  • Reset network settings in your phone in General - Reset - Join your network again on your phone
  • Try deleting the shortcut, then add it back
  • Restart HomePod:

Open the Home App - go to the Room it’s in 

Long press on the HomePod icon to bring up settings, scroll down to the gear icon, tap that, scroll to the bottom to Reset HomePod - then select Restart HomePod 

Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2021 5:54 PM in response to jingsongfromcupertino

Some things to try; test after each step:

• Unplug HomePod for 5 seconds, plug back in
  • Reboot your wifi modem - make sure your HomePod and phone are on the same home wifi network
  • Make sure you are signed in with the same Apple ID in the Home App - HomePod Settings - you can also sign out in HomePod settings, then sign back in
  • Reset network settings in your phone in General - Reset - Join your network again on your phone
  • Try deleting the shortcut, then add it back
  • Restart HomePod:

Open the Home App - go to the Room it’s in 

Long press on the HomePod icon to bring up settings, scroll down to the gear icon, tap that, scroll to the bottom to Reset HomePod - then select Restart HomePod 

Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub

HomePod mini is not running the shortcut set in my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.