You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I have Apple One on Family Sharing and not share iCloud?

I currently have Family Sharing with my wife, so we share Apple Music and Apple TV. We each have our own iCloud storage (200GB). If I upgrade to Apple One, can I set it up so that we continue to share Music and TV, but keep our own separate iCloud storage?

Also, does the 200GB iCloud storage included in the Apple One Family Plan mean I'll no longer have to pay $2.99/month for my current 200GB iCloud storage? Or is this in addition to the storage I already have?

Sorry to seem so thick, but Apple has not explained this very well.

iMac Pro

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 4:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 4:27 PM

You are not required to share the storage. See the following from: What happens to your iCloud storage plan when you sign up for Apple One - Apple Support

If you belong to a Family Sharing group and a family member subscribes to an Apple One Family or Premier plan, you can choose to keep your current iCloud storage plan or use the shared iCloud storage in Apple One. 

and from the same article:

If the iCloud storage included in Apple One is equal to your current plan

During the free trial, you keep both your current iCloud storage plan and the iCloud storage in Apple One. Once the trial is finished, your current iCloud storage plan is canceled. Your total iCloud storage will be the amount included in your Apple One subscription.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 8, 2021 4:27 PM in response to Roger Barre

You are not required to share the storage. See the following from: What happens to your iCloud storage plan when you sign up for Apple One - Apple Support

If you belong to a Family Sharing group and a family member subscribes to an Apple One Family or Premier plan, you can choose to keep your current iCloud storage plan or use the shared iCloud storage in Apple One. 

and from the same article:

If the iCloud storage included in Apple One is equal to your current plan

During the free trial, you keep both your current iCloud storage plan and the iCloud storage in Apple One. Once the trial is finished, your current iCloud storage plan is canceled. Your total iCloud storage will be the amount included in your Apple One subscription.

Can I have Apple One on Family Sharing and not share iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.