You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create a new icloud emai address and use it with an apple id that has already an old icloud email associated with it

So I basically created my @icloud address 15 years ago and have used it ever since for apple services, since I was a kid back then I picked a very silly and not professional at all email, because of that I actually created later on a gmail address with my name to actually give out to people and use as my primary email. Now I want to delete my gmail account and use an @icloud mail for everything. Is there a way to make a new @icloud to replace the old one but use it with the same apple id I already have without losing everything? By the way I don’t want to create an alias, I want to completely delete the old @icloud email when I’m done transitioning and just use a new one for everything.

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 12:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 1:33 PM

If you create a new iCloud address that isn't associated with your current Apple ID, you are creating a new Apple ID. Apple IDs can't be merged, so you can't use the new address with your existing ID.

Reference the existing iCloud address, you can't remove/change @iCloud.com, @me.com or @mac.com aliases.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 8, 2021 1:33 PM in response to Sofiakaz

If you create a new iCloud address that isn't associated with your current Apple ID, you are creating a new Apple ID. Apple IDs can't be merged, so you can't use the new address with your existing ID.

Reference the existing iCloud address, you can't remove/change @iCloud.com, @me.com or @mac.com aliases.

Create a new icloud emai address and use it with an apple id that has already an old icloud email associated with it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.