You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Message Button Missing

The button to access voice messages has disappeared from my iPhone X max. How can I get it to display so I can access voice message?

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 10:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 3:52 PM

Hello PattyWatty,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. If we're understanding correctly, you're missing either the option to use audio messages or dictation in the Messages app. We'll be happy to help.

Are you specifically missing the option to use dictation or is it audio messages in the Messages app? If it's dictation, we recommend to make sure, "Enable Dictation" is toggled on within the settings of your keyboard. To verify that, please go to Settings > General > Keyboards > Enable Dictation.

If we misunderstood, please provide us additional details. That way we can gain a better understanding and provide you the best support.

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 8, 2021 3:52 PM in response to PattyWatty

Hello PattyWatty,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. If we're understanding correctly, you're missing either the option to use audio messages or dictation in the Messages app. We'll be happy to help.

Are you specifically missing the option to use dictation or is it audio messages in the Messages app? If it's dictation, we recommend to make sure, "Enable Dictation" is toggled on within the settings of your keyboard. To verify that, please go to Settings > General > Keyboards > Enable Dictation.

If we misunderstood, please provide us additional details. That way we can gain a better understanding and provide you the best support.

Best regards.

Voice Message Button Missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.