You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus will not update to iOS 14

Hello, my IPhone 6 Plus will not update to iOS 14. I have an Apple Watch Series 3 and it will not sun to IPhone because IOS is 12. I tried PC update but it just says IOS is current.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 4:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 4:51 PM

Tee2001 wrote:

Hello, my IPhone 6 Plus will not update to iOS 14. I have an Apple Watch Series 3 and it will not sun to IPhone because IOS is 12. I tried PC update but it just says IOS is current.

That’s correct. A 6 year old iPhone 6 plus does not have the hardware required to support iOS 14. The current highest version of iOS for it is 12.5.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 4, 2021 4:51 PM in response to Tee2001

Tee2001 wrote:

That’s correct. A 6 year old iPhone 6 plus does not have the hardware required to support iOS 14. The current highest version of iOS for it is 12.5.

Feb 13, 2021 6:03 PM in response to deggie

I do have an IPhone 5 running IOS 14.3. It is asking now if I want to update to IOS 14.4.

Even if my wife’s iPhone 6 will not update to IOS 14, why won’t her apple 3 watch connect or Sync with her iPhone 6? Her iPhone 6 tells her she needs to update her iOS to 14 when trying to connect her apple 3 watch but the iPhone 6 software says she is current with software update 12.

help!!!!!

Feb 13, 2021 6:08 PM in response to Tee2001

No, you don't. You may have an iPhone SE, which is sometimes mistakenly referred to as an iPhone 5SE, but no iPhone 5 will run anything past iOS 10.x.x.

If this is a new Apple Watch it is probably running a version of iOS higher than can be used with an iPhone 6. If you purchased it within the last 14 days return it and get your money back.

iPhone 6 Plus will not update to iOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.