You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

interface with HP printer not working any more

I use a 2 year old MacBook Air. A few months ago I started having problems with my HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer, with which Apple Support was able to help me. I was told that it had something to do with a change HP was making. Then another problem surfaced, and I no longer have free support. The message "HPDM.framework will damage your computer" appeared, and I can't get rid of it, although for a while I could still print. Now, when I try to scan, I get the message "failed to open ... (-21345)". Can anyone help please?

MacBook

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 10:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 11:10 AM

Please read If your HP printer doesn't work and you see a warning that HP software '...will damage your computer' - Apple Support.

If that does not help:

Is the printer installed as an AirPrint printer?

If it is not, then remove the existing entry in Printers & Scanners and add it again as an AirPrint printer. You must explicitly select AirPrint. Refer to Add a printer on Mac.

If that printer is not AirPrint-enabled then contact HP for support (which is likely to be a waste of time).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 30, 2020 11:10 AM in response to dugduff

Please read If your HP printer doesn't work and you see a warning that HP software '...will damage your computer' - Apple Support.

If that does not help:

Is the printer installed as an AirPrint printer?

If it is not, then remove the existing entry in Printers & Scanners and add it again as an AirPrint printer. You must explicitly select AirPrint. Refer to Add a printer on Mac.

If that printer is not AirPrint-enabled then contact HP for support (which is likely to be a waste of time).

interface with HP printer not working any more

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.