You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ordering a customised keyboard from Apple store online

I want to order a 16" MacBook pro with a physical US English Keyboard, not the British English keyboard. I am in the UK so the standard is British English.

If I select the US Keyboard option for a customised MacBook pro on the online apple store will it be a software change for the keyboard or will the physical layout be the actual US English keyboard that I want?

I was going to upgrade the RAM anyways so a customised machine is not a problem.

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 5:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 6:42 AM

tweedgoldcoast wrote:

If I select the US Keyboard option for a customised MacBook pro on the online apple store will it be a software change for the keyboard or will the physical layout be the actual US English keyboard that I want?

Those choices in the store refer to actual physical keyboards, as shown at

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201794

MacOS has dozens of software layouts that can be used with any hardware keyboard.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 30, 2020 6:42 AM in response to tweedgoldcoast

tweedgoldcoast wrote:

Those choices in the store refer to actual physical keyboards, as shown at

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201794

MacOS has dozens of software layouts that can be used with any hardware keyboard.

Ordering a customised keyboard from Apple store online

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.