You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to unlock my previous note then , whose password I forgot , it’s a pathetic software then if u can regain access.

I have forgot my password for the note , and even after resetting it isn’t accessible . What the **** is use of reset setting if it can’t regain access to my previous notes . Such a crappy UI

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 10:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 10:45 PM

A single password applies to all notes that are locked. When you reset the password then the reset password ONLY applies to the notes created from that point forward. The older notes that are locked still require the previous password. You will not be able to access those old locked notes without the previous password.

If you want to send direct product feedback to Apple then click here ➔ Product Feedback - Apple

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 28, 2020 10:45 PM in response to humaiz7

A single password applies to all notes that are locked. When you reset the password then the reset password ONLY applies to the notes created from that point forward. The older notes that are locked still require the previous password. You will not be able to access those old locked notes without the previous password.

If you want to send direct product feedback to Apple then click here ➔ Product Feedback - Apple

Axel F.

How to unlock my previous note then , whose password I forgot , it’s a pathetic software then if u can regain access.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.