You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased an iPad Air in October and I want a refund

I purchased it in October and I want a refund. Not happy with it. How do I do that?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 4:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 4:29 PM

It is far too late now.

Apple only allows 14 days for a return with full refund.

You will have to sell this iPad Air on your own.

Why aren't you happy with your iPad Air, if I may ask?

Maybe other experienced users here can help you with your iPad Air difficulties.

11 replies

Dec 25, 2020 2:08 PM in response to carlene67

To get digital photos/images into an iPad, you will need to start with purchases of a few of Apple adapters to get digital images directly into your iPad.

Such as

Apple USB-C to USB Adapter

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MJ1M2AM/A/usb-c-to-usb-adapter

and/or this

Apple USB-C to SD Card Reader

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MUFG2AM/A/usb-c-to-sd-card-reader

And/OR maybe perhaps this, as well.

Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MUF82AM/A/usb-c-digital-av-multiport-adapter

Best of Luck to You!

Dec 24, 2020 6:20 PM in response to carlene67

Out of curiosity are you an older user of technology/iOS devices?

You have not searched the Apple iOS App Store for appropriate apps?

That is a different skill set and apps and not really “drawing art” from scratch, per se.

It is more like image collaging, image editing/manipulation.

What you are looking to do is image editing or image manipulation.

There are some pay apps that will do SPECIFICALLY that and some other of the more popular pay drawing sketching apps that do some image editing/manipulation, as well.

I would state with confidence that nearly all image editing and pure drawing apps allow you to import images to use in their apps, that are stored in the iOS Photos app, and let you edit/manipulate them with all sorts of features.

You DO have to LEARN these apps as there is a learning cuve to any computer applications.

What apps have you installed/paid for, on your iPad Air, that you have attempted to use?

Dec 24, 2020 6:54 PM in response to carlene67

Look,

I am just going to give you my comprehensive, but incomplete list of drawing and image editing apps that should be compatible with current iPads/iPadOS/iOS and the Apple Pencil.

Sketching/Drawing/Painting Apps

All of these apps can import photos/images and can be worked within the apps using different features.

Some apps are more geared toward image editing than pure image manipulation and drawing.

Adobe Sketch

Adobe Fresco

Adobe Photoshop ( more or less works like full Photoshop, but is still in an early stage )

Affinity Photo ( drawing/image editing/manipulation )

ArtStudio Pro

ArtRage

Art Set 4

AutoDesk SketchBook Pro

Brushes

Brushes Redux

Clip Studio Paint

Color Pad ( lots of different free and pay versions with different drawing feature sets )

Colored Pencil

Forge

Hello Colored Pencils

Hello Oil Painting

Hello Watercolors

ibisPaint/ibisPaint X

Infinite Painter

Inspire Pro

iPocket Draw

Linea

Lori Pro

Medibang Paint

Moleskine Journal ( drawing/image editing/image manipulation sketchbook app )

Moleskine Flow ( drawing and image editing/manipulation sketchbook app )

Pixelmator ( drawing and photo/image editing/manipulation.

Pixelmator Photo ( photo/image manipulation )

Procreate

Paintstorm Studio

Realistic Paint Studio

Tayasui Sketches/Sketches Pro/Sketches School

Tayasui Memopad

Water Color Pencil

Dec 24, 2020 7:37 PM in response to carlene67

I would,also, look at other options.

The iPadOS version of Photoshop is NOT a complete, full featured versionand Adobe is STILL developing this app for iOS/iPadOS.

The iPadOS version of Photoshop may NOT have all of the features you might be familiar with using full Photoshop on a full blown computer.

Look at Adobe Sketch as the free version has quite a few tools to draw and edit images.

You could look at Affinity Photo for a more complete and comptrehnsive image editing app with image manipulation and drawing capabilities.

Affinity Photo and Designer have been with the iPad/iOS/iPadOS for a long time.

You might also look at Pixelmator.

Another image editing/image manipulation/drawing app that has been with iPads/iOS/iPadOS for a very long time, too!

Also, strongly recommend looking at either Art Studio Pro or Procreate, as well as Auto desk Sketchbook Pro.

Maybe even look at Tayasui Sketches Pro.

Look at Art rage.

Maybe try using drawing/image editing/image manipulation apps that are simpler, less daunting to use initially on your iPad Air.

Like I stated, almost all of these apps can work with imported images.

In addition YouTube has lots of exceptional videos on how to use and be creative with many of the apps that I have listed.

YouTube is a great resource for learning most anything on an iPad.

It's a shame to have purchased an espensive iPad and NOT try and learn to be creative on it!

Best of Luck to You!

I purchased an iPad Air in October and I want a refund

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.