You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur 11.1 update failed

I wonder anybody has problem in updating Big Sur 11.01 to 11.1. I tried many times. The update has failed. I think it it the problem of the upgrade package. Apple needs to take a look of its update file.

Please share.

Thanks

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 10:11 PM

2 replies

Dec 21, 2020 12:43 PM in response to applesph

Hi, applesph.

We were sorry to learn that you were experiencing issues updating the macOS software on your MacBook Pro. Have you been able to resolve the error since posting? If not, we’re happy to see if we can help.

If you’re getting an error that says something about the installation failure, we suggest starting with troubleshooting your internet connection. 

• If you’re updating with a Wi-Fi connection check for wireless interference.

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

• Restart your MacBook Pro and network equipment (e.g. modem/router)
  • Disable any third-party security software, firewalls or VPN profiles that may be interfering with your MacBook connecting to the Apple servers.

Once you’ve checked all of the above, try updating again. Note that you may need to remove any previously installed partial installers from Finder > Applications or the Launchpad.

We appreciate you taking the time to post in the Apple Support Communities.

Warmest Regards.

Big Sur 11.1 update failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.