You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come I can’t add someone to a group chat?

why can’t I add/delete someone from the group chat on my iPhone SE?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 12:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 12:47 PM

If this group chat happens to have any one that is a non-iOS users, such as an Android device, you cannot add or remove anyone from that. While you can add or remove if it is just an iMessage group, a group with a non-iOS user is an MMS, which is controlled by the cellular carrier and does not allow for adding or removing others.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 17, 2020 12:47 PM in response to jackelyn209

If this group chat happens to have any one that is a non-iOS users, such as an Android device, you cannot add or remove anyone from that. While you can add or remove if it is just an iMessage group, a group with a non-iOS user is an MMS, which is controlled by the cellular carrier and does not allow for adding or removing others.

How come I can’t add someone to a group chat?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.