You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Appletv 4K system settings crashes when navigating to Video & Audio.

i've software restarted and also tried turning off at the plug.

1st try after a power cycle it will briefly flash up the video settings before crashing back to the home screen. on subsequent tries just selecting video & audio sends me back to the home screen with all the icons.

My atv 4k is running TV0s 14.3

any suggestions on resolving this.

I need to change the audio settings, my tv has dolby atmos but my AV receiver connected by ARC (not eARC) tops at Dolby 5.1 & DTS over HDMI or TosLink.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 4:24 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 20, 2020 2:36 PM in response to chris-topher

Hi chris-topher,

We understand you're having issues with your Apple TV Settings app closing unexpectedly when accessing the Video & Audio settings, and we'd be happy to get you pointed in the right direction.

Based on the information you've provided, and troubleshooting steps you're already tried, we'd recommend reaching out to Apple Support directly at this link here: Get Support - Apple

From that link you'll want to choose, More > Apple TV > Apps > Help with included Apple apps. From there you should see a few options to reach out, depending on your location.

Have a great day!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.