You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i try to install Windows 10 on my imac screen goes black

Hi

When i'm trying to install Windows 10 on my iMac ( late 2015) the screen goes immediately black after restart. The windows iso version is newly downloaded, also OSX is lates one with all updates.

Boot camp lets me select ISO, resize partition and do all preparations, however after restart screen is black. Not even any logo or sign of life, just black.

I've tried "option" during boot and select Windows manually also tried to boot Windows installation from usb. in all cases immediately after selecting windows installation my iMAC goes dark ( like in save mode)

Based on power button reaction I can say. its not shut down as before boot it again i need at first keep power button for few seconds. Then I can press power button once more to have some reaction

Any idea is very welcome

Thanks

iMac 27″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 8:23 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 16, 2020 9:01 AM in response to piotr222

found some suggestion at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/black-screen-when-doing-bootcamp-install.1624211/

• answer #14 says

"I was getting the same on my iMac 27, turned out that the windows installer switches to another screen output bus internally... connecting an external display to the iMac proved it, since the installer was visible there."

Any way to check it /change it. I don't to have second screen

when i try to install Windows 10 on my imac screen goes black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.