You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Visual voicemail

Hi All, I have just upgraded my iPhone and have lost the visual voicemail option. I have called my provider and they can not help. Does anyone know how to set this up?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 8:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 8:51 AM

You're going to need to call your carrier back. Voicemail is a carrier function and whoever told you it's not their issue sounds confused. Have them delete voicemail from your account then add it back. If that doesn't work, politely but firmly ask to have to be transferred to a higher level tech support person. Generally, even if you selected tech support from the menu, the first person you'll be connected to is a regular customer service agent with a little extra training and a manual.

You might also want to try resetting your network settings. Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. The only thing you'll lose is saved WiFi passwords. Once that's completed, open Settings>General>About and see if you've got the option for a Carrier Update.

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 15, 2020 8:51 AM in response to Stu_Lav

You're going to need to call your carrier back. Voicemail is a carrier function and whoever told you it's not their issue sounds confused. Have them delete voicemail from your account then add it back. If that doesn't work, politely but firmly ask to have to be transferred to a higher level tech support person. Generally, even if you selected tech support from the menu, the first person you'll be connected to is a regular customer service agent with a little extra training and a manual.

You might also want to try resetting your network settings. Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. The only thing you'll lose is saved WiFi passwords. Once that's completed, open Settings>General>About and see if you've got the option for a Carrier Update.

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Visual voicemail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.