You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos and Id switch

I switched login ids and then went back but now none of my photos are in my phone anymore and I want them back how do I get them

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 3:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 6:44 PM

Not sure which Apple ID was active when you had the photos on your iPhone. Do you know whether iCloud for Photos was/is set to ON during the usage of both Apple IDs?

Can you go to ➔ www.icloud.com from a computer, if possible, and then check the photos section after you log in with your Apple ID. Check both Apple IDs that you used. Find out which one contains your photos (or does not). One or both of the Apple IDs will only show photos there if iCloud for Photos was set to ON. Once you locate the photos and the appropriate Apple ID then you will need to be logged in to your iPhone with that Apple ID and then turn on iCloud for Photos. That action will begin populating your iPhone with your photos from iCloud.

Open Settings ➔ Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➔ iCloud ➔ Photos : Ensure that this is set to ON.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 6, 2020 6:44 PM in response to private131

Not sure which Apple ID was active when you had the photos on your iPhone. Do you know whether iCloud for Photos was/is set to ON during the usage of both Apple IDs?

Can you go to ➔ www.icloud.com from a computer, if possible, and then check the photos section after you log in with your Apple ID. Check both Apple IDs that you used. Find out which one contains your photos (or does not). One or both of the Apple IDs will only show photos there if iCloud for Photos was set to ON. Once you locate the photos and the appropriate Apple ID then you will need to be logged in to your iPhone with that Apple ID and then turn on iCloud for Photos. That action will begin populating your iPhone with your photos from iCloud.

Open Settings ➔ Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➔ iCloud ➔ Photos : Ensure that this is set to ON.

Axel F.

Photos and Id switch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.