You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple 4K Dolby Atmos (DD+ / True HD) settings not visible

Dear all,

I got a Samsung Q7 4K TV with HDMI Arc and with DD+.

Soundsystem is Sonos ARC and using 2.1 high speed HDMI cable.

After the update of ATV4K there is no option in the settings for Atmos. There is only the menu where you can click and change the format to stereo and 5.1 sound - see picture below.

The option immersive audio, where you can choose Atmos, is not available or visible.

Does anybody got the same problem?

Will be this part of the menu only visible if ATV4K is connected to an eARC HDMI port or Dolby Atmos ready TV?

I tought APTV also supports DD+ ?

(technical specs says DD+ yes)

If I’m using an USB port and Dolby Atmos trailer all works fine with my Sonos Arc.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 12:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 1:41 PM

You will only see the Immersive Audio option if the Apple TV 4K detects an Atmos-capable audio system (AV receiver or soundbar) in the HDMI chain, either in a direct connection, or through a TV with eARC.

Apple TV 4K → [HDMI] → Atmos-capable audio system → [HDMI (e)ARC] → TV
Apple TV 4K → [HDMI] → TV → [HDMI eARC] → Atmos-capable audio system

The Atmos-capable audio system should support Dolby MAT with Atmos. Apple TV doesn’t output DD+ Atmos, nor True HD Atmos.

In the second scenario, the TV should also support the passthrough of Dolby MAT with Atmos.

You should keep the Audio Format at Auto (PCM Multichannel), and not use the fallback options (DD 5.1, Stereo).

Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 4, 2020 1:41 PM in response to Eeeeno

You will only see the Immersive Audio option if the Apple TV 4K detects an Atmos-capable audio system (AV receiver or soundbar) in the HDMI chain, either in a direct connection, or through a TV with eARC.

Apple TV 4K → [HDMI] → Atmos-capable audio system → [HDMI (e)ARC] → TV
Apple TV 4K → [HDMI] → TV → [HDMI eARC] → Atmos-capable audio system

The Atmos-capable audio system should support Dolby MAT with Atmos. Apple TV doesn’t output DD+ Atmos, nor True HD Atmos.

In the second scenario, the TV should also support the passthrough of Dolby MAT with Atmos.

You should keep the Audio Format at Auto (PCM Multichannel), and not use the fallback options (DD 5.1, Stereo).

Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Apple 4K Dolby Atmos (DD+ / True HD) settings not visible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.