You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad return

I bought a new ipad and I am also going to send my old one back for a credit. I was told I had 15 days after receiving my return package. I received my return package today ( Dec 4th) but my new ipad is not coming until Dec 22nd. It will be over the 15 days. I tried phoning Apple but they couldn't answer my call as they are too busy. Not sure what I should do if it is longer than the 15 days.

Thanks

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 9:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 9:25 AM

Hello cyn1949,

It sounds like you want to trade in your current iPad with the Apple Trade In program, but you want to wait to send it in until after you receive your new iPad, correct? We'd like to provide some information.

Please see the information under the "How do I pack my device for trade-in, and how quickly should I send it to you?" part of the Frequently Asked Questions section of the below link for some great information on how and when to send your device in for the Apple Trade In program:

Apple Trade In

"Keep in mind that the estimated trade-in value is valid for 14 days, and we encourage you to send the device to us within this time frame to ensure that you get this value. Recycled devices should be sent back as soon as possible, at a time that’s convenient for you."

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 10, 2020 9:25 AM in response to cyn1949

Hello cyn1949,

It sounds like you want to trade in your current iPad with the Apple Trade In program, but you want to wait to send it in until after you receive your new iPad, correct? We'd like to provide some information.

Please see the information under the "How do I pack my device for trade-in, and how quickly should I send it to you?" part of the Frequently Asked Questions section of the below link for some great information on how and when to send your device in for the Apple Trade In program:

Apple Trade In

"Keep in mind that the estimated trade-in value is valid for 14 days, and we encourage you to send the device to us within this time frame to ensure that you get this value. Recycled devices should be sent back as soon as possible, at a time that’s convenient for you."

Take care!

ipad return

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.