You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are the "user backdrops" in Photo Booth?

I am supposed to be able to add a custom image backdrop to Photo Booth by going to the last effects page and dragging an image file into "any effect labelled User Backdrop." However, I don't see any effects labelled "User Backdrop" and dragging image files into another "effects" panel does nothing.

Photo Booth shows me "Normal" and 24 other available effects. First page: space alien, nose twirl, chipmunk, lovestruck, dizzy, blockhead, bug out, frog; second, sepia, black and white, plastic camera, comic book, color pencil, glow, thermal camera, X-ray; third and last page, bulge, dent, twirl, squeeze, mirror, light tunnel, fish eye. No "user backdrops."

Mac mini, OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 4:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 5:18 AM

"User Backdrops" was removed from macOS, although I don't remember when that happened.

edit: I know it's not in Catalina.

1 reply

Where are the "user backdrops" in Photo Booth?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.