You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery & Plug icons

I've been using Macs since the first 128K and MacBook Pros and Airs for the last decade or so. I have never seen a plug icon located on top of the battery icon. I've read other posts here and they talk about the plug indicating that the battery is fully charged and the laptop is running off the power adapter. Not in this case. In this case the % indicator showed 83% charged. There was no lightning bolt, that adapter was plugged in and the power was on.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Matt

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 9:21 PM

1 reply

Dec 22, 2020 10:20 AM in response to MattKauf

Not sure why no one has responded, maybe because I included no pictures. So here are two pictures:

So, I plug the charger in and the screen brightens as the charging 'Ding' rings. Not all the time, but sometimes, the top icon appears for a little while and then the bottom icon appears.

Any clarification of the meaning of the top icon?

Thanks,

Matt

Battery & Plug icons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.