You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't print from Pages or Numbers

I just up graded my Mac Mini to OS Big Sur 11.0.1 and also the Pages Numbers were up dated and now I can't print form them. I get "Error While Printing" message. I can print from other programs, but not from these 2 now. Do I need to download new drivers

Mac mini, OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 2:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 2:23 PM

Hello olyman1955, 

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! We can see from the message you're having trouble printing from Pages and Numbers since you upgraded to macOS Big Sur. 

Trying to print from other apps is a great way to isolate the issue. With the printer working with the other apps, this tells us we need to look at the 2 apps and the files.

Begin by creating a new file in each app, and seeing you can print the new file. If you can print the new file, then you know the issue is with the other files. If you cannot print the new file, try these troubleshooting steps:

1 - Quit all apps. If an app will not quit, follow these steps to force it to quit: How to force an app to quit on your Mac

2 - Restart your Mac: Go to the Apple menu in the top left corner of your screen > Restart. 

3 - Follow this step once for Pages, and once for Numbers. Hold down the shift key on the left side of the keyboard as you click on each app to launch it. This allows the app to bypass the last saved state for the app. When the app begins bouncing in the dock, you can release the shift key. Once the app is up and running, see if you can print from a new file. 

4 - If you're seeing the same results, restart in safe mode and test again: How to use safe mode on your Mac

5 - If still occurring in safe mode you’ll need to create a new user, sign into that new user with your information, and test it out again. This article will show you how: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

Let us know the results.

All the best.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 3, 2020 2:23 PM in response to olyman1955

Hello olyman1955, 

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! We can see from the message you're having trouble printing from Pages and Numbers since you upgraded to macOS Big Sur. 

Trying to print from other apps is a great way to isolate the issue. With the printer working with the other apps, this tells us we need to look at the 2 apps and the files.

Begin by creating a new file in each app, and seeing you can print the new file. If you can print the new file, then you know the issue is with the other files. If you cannot print the new file, try these troubleshooting steps:

1 - Quit all apps. If an app will not quit, follow these steps to force it to quit: How to force an app to quit on your Mac

2 - Restart your Mac: Go to the Apple menu in the top left corner of your screen > Restart. 

3 - Follow this step once for Pages, and once for Numbers. Hold down the shift key on the left side of the keyboard as you click on each app to launch it. This allows the app to bypass the last saved state for the app. When the app begins bouncing in the dock, you can release the shift key. Once the app is up and running, see if you can print from a new file. 

4 - If you're seeing the same results, restart in safe mode and test again: How to use safe mode on your Mac

5 - If still occurring in safe mode you’ll need to create a new user, sign into that new user with your information, and test it out again. This article will show you how: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

Let us know the results.

All the best.

Can't print from Pages or Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.