You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m trying to unlink a card from my Apple ID but it wouldn’t let me.

Okay so guys I’ve been using a certain card for my Apple ID, got some complications with the debit card(Visa) and it took me weeks before I was able to finally unlink it cause it wouldn’t let me do anything, even download an app. Now I managed to link another card (Master Card) with the ID, it clearly stated that it wouldn’t accept the card but still went ahead to link the card and then brought me back to square one; now I’m trying the old method I tried but it still wouldn’t go(I’m actually not certain of the old method cause I tried a lot of stuff before it finally unlinked). Now is there a way I can unlink this card and go on downloading apps with no method of payment ? At least the apps are free and it shouldn’t be a problem 🥺 The error message is “ there is an active subscription on this account that requires at least on payment on file”.. Please I need help!!!!

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 6:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 6:30 PM

I suggest that you start by finding out what subscription is still using this card. You should be able to do so with this link:

Similar questions

1 reply

I’m trying to unlink a card from my Apple ID but it wouldn’t let me.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.