You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore a stream of messages?

How do I restore a stream of messages? My daughter (6 months old) deleted all of my messages from her father including the one he just sent so I haven’t seen it. How can I retrieve deleted messages?

When I restore ...the messages from him can not even be searched! OMG!

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 7:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 7:17 AM

Deleted messages are gone forever, unless:

• You don’t sync messages to iCloud

AND

• You have a backup that contains the messages

If both of these are met you can restore that backup. I’m curious, however; Apple makes it difficult to delete a message thread by requiring that you swipe across the message, then confirm deletion on a different spot on the screen. If your 6 month old can do that she is very talented.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 21, 2020 7:17 AM in response to Joclyn77

Deleted messages are gone forever, unless:

• You don’t sync messages to iCloud

AND

• You have a backup that contains the messages

If both of these are met you can restore that backup. I’m curious, however; Apple makes it difficult to delete a message thread by requiring that you swipe across the message, then confirm deletion on a different spot on the screen. If your 6 month old can do that she is very talented.

How do I restore a stream of messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.